Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy is an effective physical method of treating Myofascial Trigger points which can be used to help to ease chronic pain and muscular stiffness.
If you have ever wanted to be able to treat those sore painful "knots" effectively, then this course is for you!
This 1-day course is designed specifically for massage therapists and bodyworkers and aims to provide a solid foundation of both theory and clinical practice.
It will focus on how to locate, as well as how to use a range of treatment methods and techniques for treating given Trigger Points.
The training is intended to provide the practitioner with a wider understanding in the therapeutic treatment of clients as well as adding to the arsenal of tools which are available during a massage treatment.
The course will also cover important homecare advice which patients can follow and include self-stretches to prevent Trigger Points reoccurring
Trigger Point Massage techniques can be used in conjunction with many other therapies and the course will explore the many other disciplines in which this can be incorporated.
What you will learn during the workshop:
- Theory of Trigger Points - their causes and different types
- Common Trigger Point referral patterns
- How to locate Trigger Points - how and what to feel
- How to treat painful and sore muscular “knots”
- Practical application of Trigger Point techniques
- Various methods of treatment – including, Neuromuscular Technique (NMT) and stretching. Other methods will also be discussed – cold, heat, cupping etc.
- Treat conditions like Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Headaches, Frozen Shoulder etc.
- Specific client homecare advice to prevent reoccurrence
- Practitioner Posture and Effective Massage
- Learn "Effective Trigger Point Massage" technique
- Discuss the use of "Massage Tools"
Subscription information12% discount when you register for 2 or 3 workshops with Joshi Bhavesh. If you are entitled to the discount, chose the option 'I will pay later'. The online payment system can not apply the discount.
Session 1: Friday 25 August 2023 - OWC Antwerp