This weekend workshop is a place to RECHARGE YOU through weaving of somatic practice, polyvagal exercises, free movement, nature's teachings, simple compassionate guidance, inspiring music and authentic connection in community.
- uniting ancient wisdom and evidence based science
- tone your polyvagal nervous system and connect deeply with nature within and the medicine and teachings of nature itself
- learn how the human nervous system works and how to map your own nervous system
- use simple somatic techniques such as shaking medicine and Movement Medicine practices for relaxation, energising and balancing
Movement Medicine is a dance practice that will reconnect you to the wisdom of living from you heart, will deepen your connection to true self, your creativity and your integrity as well as enliven your relationship with life on all levels. It has roots in indigenous shamanic wisdom as well as the latest neuroscience and therapeutic perspectives such as IFS, Polyvagal, Gestalt and Somatic Experiencing.
This is all about meeting these times resourced and self connected, rather than from a self protective posture. You will be given simple, short practices to tone your nervous system (like toning muscles) towards empowered relaxation through the lens of the Polyvagal perspective of Deb Dana and Dr. Porges.
An exploration of the Wisdom of the Elements
The profound medicinal importance of developing a Compassionate ‚'Inner witness'
Simple teaching and immersive practice with:
- A neuroscience perspective of our capacity to create real, long lasting inner change.
- The deeply informative work of Movement Medicine and Polyvagal Theory developed by Dr. Stephen Porges and Deb Dana.
This course will contain:
- Resources of connection to somatic intelligence and medicine of movement
- The shamanic wisdom of nature's teachings
- Science backed efficacy of Polyvagal practices to tone your nervous system
- The vibrant inspiration and alongsideness of a small community to explore the power of practice
Many people who have practiced these techniques say that they feel transformed, and they never would have imagined that something so simple could be so effective.
Through movement and polyvagal techniques, you will learn to:
- Increase your stress resilience and renew your energy
- Reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia
- Connect to your inner self and others
- Improve relationships and empathic abilities
- Improve performance in personal and professional activities